01. Design & Engineering
Whether you are launching a new product or improving an existing one, Forte Micro’s in-house design and engineering capabilities can assist you from concept to prototype to commercial product. We provide customers with a pre-production manufacturability assessment and qualification testing for printed circuit board assemblies, microelectronic circuit packaging, electronic modules, and full turnkey assemblies.
Our engineers work hand-in-hand with our purchasing team to select the most reliable, cost-effective, and readily available components for each specific application. We will provide you design recommendations that can improve manufacturability and reduce overall product costs.
- PCB design & layout
- Signal integrity
- Schematic capture & Gerber files
- Logic & physical component Library
Inspection and Test Solutions
- Automated optical inspection (2D)
- X-Ray inspection
- Board assembly level functional
Components/Materials Engineering Hardware Design Software Development Mechanical Design
- Analog & Digital
- ESS, HALT and HASS
02. Manufacturing Process Development
The key to efficient manufacturing is our ability to adapt advanced manufacturing processes to meet the exact needs of each customer.
Our process development group can design and fabricate specialized tooling and fixture. This level of equipment optimization, when combined with our lean manufacturing processes, enables us to meet our customers’ exact quality, cost, and time-to-market requirements.
Forte Micro engineering group has considerable process development experience and are especially strong in developing and implementing custom, automated equipment designed to support large-scale product manufacturing while achieving optimal levels of quality, efficiency and reliability. As an example, sensor circuits for an automotive application shipped at rates exceeding 16,000 units per week.
03. Supply Chain
Forte Micro’s Procurement works alongside the Design & Engineering team and the customer from Day One to identify potential supply chain issues such as long lead time items and component obsolescence. We are always in close communication with our customers to stay abreast of target delivery dates, so that we optimize procurement lead time, avoid production delays, and meet the customer’s time-to-market requirements.
We use an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system to manage the supply chain process. Our systems will track every detail from the time an order is received until it is shipped to the customer. This system also generates documentation for kit preparation, assembly instructions, and work orders so that product assembly and manufacturing is always on track to meet customer delivery requirements.
Forte Micro provides the customer with either full “end-to-end” supply chain managed solutions or consigned inventory manufacturing that supports the customer’s needs
Our purchasing team provides our customers with the following services:
- Component engineering/alternate sources evaluation, Bill of Materials (BOM) analysis, optimization
- Dual verification of purchased material (incoming and prior to stocking)
- Secure stock locations organized by customer project for all inventory
- Consigned parts warehoused separately in “customer-owned” storage
- Product Life-Cycle Management (PLM)
- Assistance with custom boxes, crates, or pallet designs to ensure safe product transport
- Fraud/Counterfeit mitigation – we only purchase from OEM’s or respected distributors
- Component Traceability – we maintain full documentation for purchased components
- Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) and Conflict Mineral Compliance
Our engineers work with our customers to develop product-specific test strategies. We can use your testing equipment and software or we can custom design test equipment and software for your application.
Electing Forte Micro to custom design the testing tools enables specificity to your needs and is still cost-effective.
Our test capabilities include manufacturing defect analysis and functional tests to confirm that the board or assembly operates in accordance with its final design and manufacturing specifications. We perform electrical testing to customer specifications. We can also perform product life cycle testing, such as ongoing reliability tests in which units are continuously cycled for extended periods and monitored for potential failures. This process includes environmental stress tests.
- Electrical & Ambient
- Functional tests developed by Forte Micro
- In-house test fixturing
- Customer supplied test equipment & fixtures
- Test PCB layout
- Network server for data collection
- RF lab station
- Tape & Reel Station